SCIENCE, HEALTH, AND SAFETY
- “Good & Beautiful” style science, health, and safety unit study packets are faith-based and designed for grades K-6.
- Each packet includes suggested supplemental reading materials and assignments for grades 7+.
- These unit studies can be done “family style.”
- Each lesson is designed to take 40-60 minutes.
- Easy to follow lessons require little to no prep time.
- New units are added throughout the year.
See FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for more information.
Three Purchase Options
- PDF Download
- Printed Copy + Download (A full-color printed unit is shipped to you, and you receive an instant download of the unit.)
- Upgrade to Printed Unit (If you have purchased the download previously but have decided you’d like to buy a printed copy, select this option to have a printed course set sent to you. You do not need to give us a transaction #/receipt, etc. for your download purchase. This is an honor system, but we still do check many of the orders to verify previous purchase of the download. Please do not order the upgrade if you have not previously purchased the download for the unit.)
Meteorology: Weather and Atmosphere
Packed with experiments and activities, this science unit explores weather and atmosphere in detail. The packet includes 121 pages and is designed to help children gain knowledge of meteorology as they recognize God’s hand and feel of the wonders of this world. This unit is very hands-on and requires more supplies and prep time than some other science units.
Lesson 1 – The Creation of Weather
Lesson 2 – Introduction to Seasons
Lesson 3 – Why We Have Seasons
Lesson 4 – The Earth’s Atmosphere
Lesson 5 – What Is Weather?
Lesson 6 – Measuring Weather
Lesson 7 – What Is Air?
Lesson 8 – Air Pressure
Lesson 9 – Air Temperature
Lesson 10 – Temperature Affects Air
Lesson 11 – Wind
Lesson 12 – What Are Clouds?
Lesson 13 – Types of Clouds
Lesson 14 – Rain
Lesson 15 – Thunder and Lightning
Lesson 16 – Snow, Hail, and Blizzards
Lesson 17 – Severe Weather: Tornadoes
Lesson 18 – Severe Weather: Hurricanes
Lesson 19 – Forecasting Weather
Lesson 20 – Unit Conclusion
Introduction to Energy
Help your young scientists’ minds come alive as they learn what energy is and how it is applied in their every day lives. Written from a Christian, Bible-based point of view, children will gain a greater appreciation for the natural laws God organized upon this earth. Involving both interesting lessons and hands-on experiments, this is a must-have curriculum for your home school classroom. This 75-page unit is written as an introduction and overview of energy subjects. It is suggested as a prerequisite to the physics units in The Good & the Beautiful curriculum: Heat and Light, Sound, Gravity, Forces and Motion, Simple Machines, Electricity, and Magnetism (which are coming in the future). The unit also includes a 19-page extension for grades 7+.
Heat, Light, and Sound
Coming March 1st, 2017
In this unit children will come to understand heat, light, and sound as gifts from God and essential parts of life on earth. Including mini books, informational texts, and many exciting hands-on experiments and projects, this unit will have your little scientist asking for more! Plus, bonus informational texts and assignments for children grades 7-12 are included making this a great unit for the whole family. Note: It is recommended that you complete the Introduction to Energy unit first.
Fourteen lessons covering the following topics:
- properties of heat
- the sun as an essential source of heat and light
- heat sources
- heat transfer: conduction, convection, and radiation
- heat conductors and insulators
- properties of light
- reflection and refraction
- light and shadows
- light and color: the visible light spectrum
- properties of sound including production, pitch, and volume
Explore the fascinating world of insects, spiders, and crustaceans with this thorough, 71-page unit. Students will have fun learning as they complete hands-on activities and assignments in their science notebooks. This unit requires very few supplies and very little prep time. Most lessons have older children lesson extensions for grades 7-12.
Lesson 1 – Introduction to Arthropods
Lesson 2 – Introduction to Insects
Lesson 3 – Oral Presentations
Lesson 4 – Insect Stations: Mosquitoes, Fireflies Termites, Silkworms
Lesson 5 – Bees and Wasps: Part 1
Lesson 6 – Bees and Wasps: Part 2
Lesson 7 – Entomologist Jean-Henri Fabre
Lesson 8 – Butterflies: Part 1
Lesson 9 – Butterflies: Part 2
Lesson 10 – Ants
Lesson 11 – Insect Defenses
Lesson 12 – Arachnids
Lesson 13 – Crustaceans